I am delighted that My Rite of Passage was nominated for the Inspiring Blog Award by Sherrey Meyer (@Sherrey_Meyer), who writes at Sowing Seeds of Grace blog, where she spreads messages of hope and love straight from the heart. Looking back, Sherrey is one of those people who came into my life like a gift—a delightful surprise to be treasured because of her unconditional friendship, encouragement, and support—thank you, Sherrey!
As is required, all nominees are requested to list seven little-known facts about themselves and then pass this award on to seven other deserving bloggers. In my writing (book, website, and blog), I have already shared ordinary facts about myself, but I’ll try to think up seven more:
- I fell in love with cats when I was about six years old.
- I was a tomboy as a child and have some nasty scars as proof.
- I don’t like chocolate; I hate the way it sticks to the roof of my mouth.
- Stormy weather energizes my creativity.
- I’m sad that my two children and I live on three different continents.
- I don’t really know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I believe politics and corporations have messed up the world.
These are some of my favorite bloggers, who I nominate for the Inspiring Blog Award:
- Simply Nurture Yourself by Cynthia Rosi: not only is she an excellent freelance writer, but she used to work as an energy healer and she still believes women have an obligation to themselves to relax daily and renew their spirit often.
- Write with Personality by Andrea J. Wenger: we worked together in a critiquing group for more than three years; I’ll always be thankful for her editing input, which helped to make my memoir a better book.
- Stories I Read, Stories I Tell by Eric S. Wyatt: we met at Queens University of Charlotte, where we started our MFA in Creative Writing program and graduated together; I don’t know anyone else who is more supportive of his writing peers than Eric.
- Warrior Writers by Kristen Lamb: she is an author, freelance editor, and speaker who guides writers of all levels on how to use social media and how to really connect to their readers; she also started the “Love Revolution #MyWANA—a Twitter hashtag group, where writers and bloggers can share “the love.”
- Firefly Coaching by Stephanie Ward: she coaches entrepreneurs on the most effective marketing strategies that help you attract more clients in less time; she really cares about her blog followers and is never ‘too busy’ to help you solve a problem when you contact her.
- Heal My PTSD by Michelle Rosenthal: as someone who has overcome trauma, her desire to help people suffering from PTSD is truly altruistic.
- Lisa Stewart Design by Lisa Stewart: your environment brings about emotional and physical responses and is thus important to your wellbeing—not only does Lisa Stewart get that, but I love how her elegant blog gives everyone the opportunity to ‘step’ into worlds that are dramatic, exotic, artistic, interesting, and beautiful.
As the guidelines go:
- Link back to My Rite of Passage;
- Reveal seven little-known facts about yourself;
- Nominate 7 of your favorite bloggers for the Inspiring Blog Award, contact the nominees and give them the guidelines.
So, now it’s your turn to spread the link love ~ let’s keep inspiring each other!